Posted September 21, 2022–Open until filled
Geum Environmental Consulting, Inc. is based in Hamilton, Montana. We provide ecological restoration planning and design services for projects throughout Montana and Idaho. Our involvement in projects includes all phases including site selection, assessment, planning, permitting, design, and construction oversight. We are approaching our 20th year in business and our nine staff have expertise in restoration ecology, biology, botany, wetlands, water resources, wildlife biology, and GIS/CAD with more than 100 years of combined experience.
This position will support several long-term, large-scale environmental restoration, remediation and mitigation projects in Montana and Idaho. Geum’s current active projects include Upper Clark Fork remediation and restoration near Deer Lodge, Montana; Kootenai River Habitat Restoration Program near Bonners Ferry, Idaho; environmental support of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes’ Water Compact implementation on the Flathead Indian Reservation; and a variety of other stream and wetland restoration projects. Necessary attributes include proven strong writing ability outside an academic setting; ability to work long days outdoors in inclement weather in addition to working extended periods in an office setting. Competency in GIS and/or Civil 3D is required. Experience using HEC-RAS or other hydraulic modeling programs is desired. Other desirable skills include commercial drone pilot license, plant identification, hydrologic analysis, soil science, surveying, and statistical analysis. A four-year degree in a natural resources or engineering field is required, and a Master’s degree (or other advanced degree) is preferred. This full-time position is based at our Hamilton, Montana office and it is not a remote position. This is a salaried position and includes benefits such as paid time off, health insurance, and professional development opportunities.
- Support project managers working on multiple ecological restoration project
- Develop restoration plans and designs based on guidance from project managers, including conceptual designs, construction drawings, specifications and cost estimates.
- Oversee construction of restoration projects (which may require several days or weeks on project sites), including providing quality control; coordinating with project engineers, designers, and contractors; and coordinating material acquisition and deliverie
- Participate in field assessments such as wetland delineations, surveying and other site investigations.
- Develop and implement restoration monitoring plans to evaluate effectiveness of completed projects.
Submit resumes and cover letters to: email@example.com
Tom Parker, President
Geum Environmental Consulting, Inc.
307 State Street
Hamilton, MT 59840